What we do every day helps our communities, clients and customers find practical solutions to significant societal challenges: waste and materials management, clean energy, and global climate change. In short, we all work every day to protect tomorrow.
How? To protect tomorrow, we focus on the following principles:
- Ensuring no waste is wasted. We provide our communities and clients access to sustainable waste and materials management, from the largest fleet of energy-from-waste facilities in the world, to wastewater treatment, to tailored commercial waste services.
- Protecting the environment. Environmental performance is a core part of our service offerings. It’s how we differentiate ourselves from landfilling. However, simply offering more sustainable waste management options is not enough. Consistently remaining below current standards and full compliance with our discharge limits are the minimum expectations. Strong performance is the key to continued strong relationships with our communities and customers, and the prerequisite to new business opportunities.
- Achieving world-class safety and health performance. Protecting the safety and health of our coworkers is paramount. We believe that success comes with building and maintaining a robust safety culture throughout our business with employee leadership, robust training programs and engagement at all levels of the business.
- Creating and maintaining an inclusive, respectful and equitable corporate culture. Our dedicated workforce drives our business and our success. Attracting and retaining talented and diverse individuals is key to building a successful team. It also helps foster innovation and continuous improvement, thereby contributing to reduced costs and revenue growth.
- Partnering with our communities. Mutual acceptance and respect between Covanta and surrounding communities is essential to productive operations. We work continually to be a good neighbor and to invest human and financial resources in the communities where our facilities are located.